Welcome to our Opera, the unique one in the Clarisys Audio world.
This model is an homage to the legendary Apogee Scintilla of the early 80s. The entire speaker is very rigid and has no flex! The only parts moving are the panels, and nothing else! We use high quality copper foil internal wiring, point to point to ensure exceptional signal transfer and musicality. The bass panel is single sided but about 20cm larger than the original model.
The midrange and tweeter design is of a coaxial kind! One large pure ribbon driver surrounded by 4 pure ribbon tweeters. It gives a one of a kind experience that cannot be explained, but must be heard! The "issue" is that the midrange is 0.2 ohm and the tweeters are 0.1 ohm. That is almost a dead short, so brutal amps are required.
- You can also order this speaker in any color you wish at no extra charge, just submit der RAL color code to your dealer.
- There is an option to make the speaker even more easy to drive and very suitable for tube amps. The speaker can be build using rare earth magnets, neodymium. This pushes the efficiency of the speaker to over 90dB per Watt at 1m and allows the use of tube amplifiers with a matching 4ohm output transformer. This option is an additional 25% extra cost due to the material price and additional constructional effort to secure the magnets in place.
These speakers sound like flowing water and are very musical, organic and lightning fast. In the right room the bass will hit you in the gut!
- Height: 160 cm
- Depth: 9 cm
- Width: 90 cm
- Weight: 125 kg a piece without packaging
- System: 3 way design, passive external crossover. The speaker comes with ribbon copper cables to connect the external crossover box to the speaker.
- Nominal Impedance: 1-2 ohm
- Efficiency: 86dB @ 3m (Pink Noise, normal listening room with 35 m2, circa. 1 Watt Input) or over 90db efficiency if bought with the Neodymium upgrade package
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to over 25kHz
Recommended amplifiers that are known to work
- Krell Evolution 600 monoblocks